Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mnemba Island - What an Amazing Place

So to end it all we were told by the travel agent to spend a couple of days on this island called Mnemba off of Zanzibar.  I guess all we can say at this point in time is what an amazing place, probably one of the most amazing islands we have stayed on.

The picture on this post is from a traditional Zanzibar sailboat that they put us on for sunset on our last night.

The island only had 12 rooms, it had a million red doves which were in mating season and it also had antelopes (suni antelope) which were the smallest antelope we have seen.  The diving was amazing as well.

The funniest story is that on the second day Bethe and I went for a snorkel trip with the dolphins with other guests.  On the boat was an older guy named Jeff from the US (he introduced himself to Bethe and I as Jeff).  I sat on the boat across from him and could not stop staring because I thought I recognized him and I was right.  The guys name was Jeff Lurie (you should google it) and once you figure out who it is you will wonder how on a 12 room hotel in Africa 2 people associated with the city of Philadelphia can be on the same island.  Needless to say I was pretty excited and I got an autograph from him (actually Bethe did) for me and my dad - Yes dad I got you an autograph. 

A hint for eveyrone as to who Jeff Lurie is - GO EAGLES!!

Bethe and I reluctantly start our journey back home tomorrow morning.  We will post some pictures once we get to London as we have a 5 hour layover.

No comments: