Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 2 - London

Today was London. 

The first picture is Bethe and I in our PJ's on First Class.  They actually give you a pair of nice PJ's to sleep in while you travel.  First Class International is the way to go.

After 3-4 hours of sleep we arrived in London.  Bethe took a nap and I went to a pub and had a beer on the river. 

We did a quick tour of London in the afternoon.  Our hotel was right near the Tower Bridge in London and that was the first thing we saw when we went outside.  We also did the London Eye (don't call it a Ferris Wheel) and walked to Big Ben and Westiminster Abby.  We also learned how to use the tube and become excellent at navigating the underground (actually it was very easy). 

For dinner we went to an Argentina steak house - we went all the way to London to have Argentina food!.  Food was amazing and our view from the table was to tower bridge.

Time to get back on the plane for flight 3 of 23 and fly to Nairobi.  See you in South Africa.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like so far, so good! I am going to show this to Anthony in a minute - he'll be so excited! Ever since I said you were going to fly all day and all night to get to South Africa, he asked me if you were going to wear your pajamas on the airplane -- apparently yes!

And I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in London. I can just picture you, Vinnie, sitting in the pub and LOVING it! Sounds like a great time.

I really think you guys should rethink all of these exotic trips though. Seriously, how could you sit in first class on your way to South Africa while Tony & I are so lucky as to sit having dinner with our two children last night at La Sirena Grill (one of whom was eating rice with a knife and had kicked off his socks and shoes under the table, reminding us of our times at the tea houses in Japan!) and me going to the grocery store for a break from the two kids. Seriously, how could dinner at an Argentian restaurant in London be better? Did you get to take off your socks and shoes, I bet not!

And the World Cup games? Seriously, I had an amazingly relaxing experience (REALLY!), when given the opportunity on Tuesday morning - as you departed - to have Anthony at daycare and Brianna in the waiting room with Adrianna, to sit ALL BY MYSELF and watch the ESPN recap of the Japan game in peace & quiet as my dentist drilled two cavities. Seriously, how could having tickets to the actual game be better than this?

We'll send you a postcard from our staycation, there's no question you're missing out here...

Looking forward to more updates soon!

Unknown said...

After looking at all the pictures and reading him your blog. From Anthony (really):

I hope you go on your computer and give a lion and a hippo to me and a small world. I want you to wear your pajamas on the airplane. Go on the ferris wheel, Uncle Vinnie. I want him to give me a talking Lightning McQueen. I hope you get your tickets for the soccer and you're gonna fans off the saints. Then I want you to go in coffee and then go smell hot. And I want him to give me a Dinoco Lightning and a Dinoco Chick and Red, the fire engine. I want you to have Red the fire engine. And I want you to work on your computer and then you're going to take all your spakies off and you'll have no fun. Say, 'anything else, Mom.' I want him to have a vacuum and a car. I hope you wear your pajamas. I hope you give me a Belle picture on the computer. I hope you have hair so you can bonk you. And I want you to have a dump truck-bampo. I was making good choices [at school], Uncle Vinnie. I saw you at the restaurant. I hope you had fun with your dog. And I hope you have a Thomas puzzle. See you later alligator.

Anthony

Chris McArdle said...

I have to tell you this pictures are spectacular. Love seeing animals on the beach. I suspect that you are going to be exhausted (in a good way) when you get home.